Sunday, March 16, 2008

Do you etsy?

I was reading the new issue of cloth paper scissors last night and there is a whole article in it about etsy. I heard that Martha did a show about etsy. It seems it is everywhere lately. I opened my etsy shop last fall to help make a bit of Christmas money. You know I love to treasure hunt for goodies and that's mostly what I sell in my shop- ephemera and stuff like that. Things I love, but have too much of. I am happy to say that not only did I earn some money for holiday gifts, but just last week I cleaned out my paypal account to help pay for some new chairs for the living room. Etsy has been a wonderful experience for me.

I'd love to hear about your etsy shop experiences. If you have one link it up and tell us about your shop. If you are thinking of opening one, what are you waiting for? Let's talk etsy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok..I started selling (trying to sell) Atc's on ebay and then found out about Etsy- live changing! I have only had the chance to sell a few canvases and a few original ACEO's...but I completely agree- it is awesome! And....as soon as I get into an art space, my plan is to fill my shop back up with art to sell! Great topic, Tami!

Heather Grow said...

I opened my etsy shop a couple weeks ago. Like you, I love treasure hunting and thought it would be a fun venue to sell supplies and some of my art creations and mingle with fellow artists. I'm still new to Etsy but so far I love it.

My Shop: Grow Home

http://www.growhome.etsy.com

Alison Gibbs said...

I look forward to reading more replies and seeing if any of the Australian girls have success with Etsy.
Alison

IamSusie said...

My etsy shop has items but it's been pretty quiet for awhile. I think my things are lost in the scads of items listed over there and I don't self-promote much at all...
iamsusie.etsy.com

I'm excited to branch out as a member of the Craft Critique Team!