Saturday, October 10, 2009


I lost my mojo a few weeks ago. I missed it so much. I need to get ink on my hands. It's good for my soul. I found it, and my spirit is singing. Guess where it was? It was hiding amongst a group of incredibly talented and creative women. To my great surprise I had a nearly full class last night and I agonized about whether or not I could inspire them. They paid good money to learn and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to deliver. Their light and creativity surrounded me and I taught and laughed and learned. Ahh, it's so good to have ink stained fingers. Thank you ladies for all of your creative energy.

I made this tag using my old neglected Tombow Markers. I forgot about those fun little guys. The stamp I used is an oldie, too. It was one of the first used stamps I ever bought and it's made by Rubber Stampede. Here's how I made the tag. First I stamped the apples using a dark red and dark green marker directly on the stamp. Then I colored in the image using lighter colors and a bit of the blending marker. I put the whole thing in embossing folders and embossed it right over the image and words. A bit of distress ink over the embossing makes it pop. That's a piece of vintage measuring tape up there at the top. Stop by 2peas for their free stamp camp classes. Every monday they're posting a new class, and this week is Stamping with Markers by Nichol Magouirk. Thank you for the inspiration, Nichol.

I really want to thank all of you for your support through these last few weeks. It was a rough road, but we all have to travel the difficult roads so we can enjoy the happier times. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Good to see you stamping again Tami, doesn't it always seem that when we gather with others we're enriched. Stamping sistas rule :)

Anonymous said...

Inky fingers are awesome! So glad you got some mojo back! HUGS!

Yvonne Hagane said...

WOW! This is simply amazing! Your coloring is outstanding!!
I so love your distressed tags too:))

Margie Higuchi said...

Tami,
Had to pop in and say that I love this tag!!! I too am glad you have your MOJO back...I love your creations :) xo

Debbi Tehrani said...

So happy you found your mojo, Tami! Your tag is beautiful!