Wednesday, November 11, 2009

more snow babies



These are the two little snow babies that are joining my collection. The guy on the left is made from a parmesan cheese shaker and the one on the right is an old pint milk bottle. I just can't begin to tell you how fun it is to make these. Each one took on a little personality as I worked with them. We used all sorts of goodies to create them including bits and baubles from old jewelry, old cookie cutters, jingle bells, wire, ribbons, safety pins, brads, bottle stopper and lots of glittery goodness. I think my cousin and I have started a tradition we'll long to continue. It's so much fun to get together and make things like we did when we were teenagers before college and husbands and kids and jobs took priority. That's one of the blessings of having teenagers and working part time. We can play again once in a while.



Here's last year's snow babies that were in the Cloth Paper Scissors Newsletter. That was so fun. I can hardly wait to unpack the holiday decorations. For now the two newbies are hanging out in the craft room with me. I haven't figured out their names yet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tami these are so fun! It is very fun together and create! I just got the bottles I order to make some tiny ones! WOO HOO!

Julie Prichard said...

SO Cute, Tami!!

Createology said...

All adorable and unique with personalities of their own. Well done.

Unknown said...

Nope YOU are the QUEEN of alterables hands down. These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tami

Mrs. Fence said...

Tami, these are wonderful! What fun to get together with a relative and create these little treasures!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

What a fun collection! They must be great fun to create and I can just imagine the personalities each takes on as you create them. SUPER!!

Karen said...

I can see their personalities, Tami! These are just sparkly, collagey (is that a word??!! lol), wintery goodness!!! Love the cookie cutter for a hat too! :>

Sherri Thacker said...

I want to make some of these. Do you make the heads from scratch too? Our Ben Frankins had a tube of about 10 heads for $5 plus with a 40% off coupon, that would make it real cheap. Hmmmm, I may have to do this. Yours are adorable!! sherri

Tami Bayer said...

The heads are made from air dry clay. We used Prang last year and Crayola this year. I prefer the crayola, it was easier to work with. I've seen it at the big craft stores with the kids stuff and even at Target in the school supplies where the other crayola products are. Be sure to get white clay.