Monday, January 25, 2010



I made this a while back for an article featuring Lost Coast Designs stamps. They make gorgeous rubber stamps like this architectural arch.  I included a few of my favorite things in this one, a couple of old bingo pieces, a page from an old dictionary, and some Graphic 45 paper.  I love to do the crossword puzzle in the paper, so this was a fun image to include.  I adore most of the old kind of games, you know the ones that don't need batteries or electricity or a game system , so this Game Time Arch is a way of recognizing that part of me.

I'm editing to add that this arch meets the Mixed Media Monday challenge today- The Games People Play.  It's been a while since I played in one of the challenges. I had it in my mind that this was the challenge at gothic arches today, but saw that it's not.  I must have remembered the theme from a peek at MMM, but can't remember much these days.  Thanks for the heads up, K.

I don't want to talk about that 4 letter word today, but you know that cold white stuff came down in buckets here.  Seriously nearly 4 feet of it.   I so want to live in a place with an ocean view and a warm tropical breeze.  If I never saw another snow shovel, I'd be happy.

Oh, and UPS is holding hubby's birthday present hostage because of the 4 letter word.  They might be able to bring it by tomorrow. Whatever.  He had a nice birthday yesterday with two back to back play off games to watch and home made pizza for dinner with boston cream pie for dessert.  Sadly no gift, just a printed out photo of the gifts along with a card made by me.

We didn't make it to CHA consumer show on Saturday due to that 4 letter word.  I'm still hopeful I'll get to go the trade show part on Wednesday as planned.  I'm enjoying all the sneak peeks online though.  So far I think I need the new metallic StazOn inkpads, the new colors of Distress Ink, Julia Andrus and Wendy Vecchi stamps, Sizzix embossing folders and diecut flowers from Tim Holtz line, 7Gypsies printers tray and receipt tray, the sewing themed chipboard pieces by Maya Road, a few selected sheets from all four of Graphic 45's new paper lines, and Basic Grey's new Basics line of papers in 6" x 6".  I hope they come in the smaller size.  Those are things that I think realistically I'll get sometime this year, but there are so many other wonderful peeks out there.  Have you seen anything you need yet?

9 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

OH MY HEAVEN AND STARS! This is fabulous! I love it to pieces! You should enter it in Mixed Media Monday!

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful Gothic arch and so full of wonderful mixed elements- perfect for this theme- stunning work!

Diane said...

It's a great piece of art, and I'm glad we got to enjoy it on Mixed Media Monday - I hope we'll see lots more of your lovely art! You can send some of that cold white stuff my way, and I'll send you some of our heat - it's really hot down under at the moment! Diane

My Creative House said...

Your arch is very beautiful with the stamp and the crossword puzzle.

Killara girl said...

this is such a striking piece, great collage

Diane said...

I love this!!! I hope you get to go to the show!!

Karen said...

Your game arch is fantastic, Tami! Love the cherries on top of the crossword puzzle, the button or game piece in the clock, and all the overlayed stamping!

I hope that 4 letter word lets up a bit so that you can get to the show. If I were down there, I think I could just live over by Tim's booth.....his creative goods just give me happy sighs. :> There are many other stops I'd like to make there like Graphic 45 and Melissa Frances and and and and AND! Drive safe!! :>

Createology said...

No matter what you name this it is marvelous and a lot of fun to remember the games of yesteryear. You certainly have quite a wish list of supplies for CHA. I hope you make it there as I can not. Keep creating...

TonyaA said...

This is soooooo cute!
Blessings, peace, and love!
Tonya