Friday, May 9, 2008

ellen rocks


Yesterday was our big day to go see the ellen show. I am a huge fan of her show because it's always just so fun and so positive. I am so happy to tell you that her show is even more wonderful in person. She has an amazing spirit with an almost child-like sense of fun. Every single person on her staff was amazing to us. We did have to wait a long time because they taped two shows back to back yesterday. The show they taped before ours was the mother's day show that will be on today. Those ladies went home with lots of stuff, but they were all pregnant, so we are ok with that. I'd rather go home with less and not be pregnant, LOL! The show we watched will be on Monday.

Mom and I sat right at the top of the second aisle that ellen dances up. She danced really close to mom, so I think you'll definitely see her. Mom wore a white top with black and red embroidered flowers on the front and black pants. I was wearing a black, white, and melon print top with black pants. Also, we danced together during a commercial break like we used to dance in the kitchen when I was a kid. Ellen giggled at our slow dancing to her crazy hip hop music. It was wonderful.

Now on to the guests....Dr. House, the dude with dreadlocks that got kicked off American Idol, and a really skinny blonde from the MTV show The Hills. Even though I don't watch any of those shows we loved the guests. Dr. House was hilarious and the singer was amazing. The young girl who is all over magazine covers was a stick...we couldn't get over how thin she was. Even ellen hasn't watched the hills, so that made me feel a bit better about being out of the loop on popular tv stuff. The teen girls that we sat with in line and who were in front of us knew each one of the people on the show. While we were waiting they texted all their friends. They even had the magazines with the hills girl's pic on the front to show us. It was great.

Ellen dances and sings every word of every song the whole time even during the commercial breaks. She took time at the end of the show to talk to the audience and thank us for taking time to be there and for supporting her with our applause. She was genuinely interested in every guest and talked to them during the breaks. There were no re-takes or re-shooting. What happened is exactly what you will see on Monday. It's a real show, nothing is fake about it. I was really surprised by that. I've seen other shows taped and there is always re-taping if something went wrong. Ellen just goes with it. It's not live, but it could be. She gave us all La Coste classic polo shirts. We filled out a form for color and size and they will be sent to us.

Before the show we ate at the Bob's Big Boy that Jay Leno goes to with his classic cars for cruise night. It's an old classic drive in, car hop and sit down restaurant that's listed on California's Historic Places. We didn't see any celebs, but the cheeseburgers were wonderful. We cruised around all over near the studios trying to figure out where to go and where to park. All of the studios were there, warner bros, nbc, abc, disney...so fun.

The very best part is that mom and I did something new together yesterday. We believe you should try everything once in life as long as it's not illegal or immoral. If you like it you should do it again. Lately, reality has gotten in the way of our quest to try everything life has to offer. I guess we have been trying new things these last 6 months, but mostly not things we wanted to try like buying a shower chair, dealing with hair loss, learning more than we ever wanted to know about valley fever, c-diff, and kidney failure. It feels so good to try something new, dance, laugh, and act like kids. Good stuff!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH what a fun time for you and your Mom! You must have had some great laughs! Wow it is hard to believe that shows are aired that fast...what if she gets really sick?...guess the show goes on!

K Hutchinson said...

WOW sounds like a great day! I think we all need to act like kids more! Dance and Dance! I think that will be the theme in my house today! - Dance! So glad you got to spend time with your mom!

Unknown said...

What fun that you got to go to the ellen show. She seems like a fun, genuine person on her show. I couldn't help but notice that you have some tatting wrapped around a stick on your header pic. How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Heidi Montag... I'll admit. I watch the Hills.

I am totally going to record that show and look for you guys!! What a great time!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I've got it on my calendar to watch for you Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Tami!
I'll definitely watch Ellen on Monday!
I usually do watch, she certainly is a mood lifter!
So happy you got to do this.
HUGS
Joanie

BarbK said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun. We tape Ellen everyday, so we'll be watching for you and your Mom on Monday. I almost feel like I know a celebrity now, because you've seen Ellen! How cool is that.

Heather Grow said...

What an awesome day! I'm so glad that you had so much fun.

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fun time for you and your Mom
Have a fun Mother's Day
Alison

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I LOVE ellen. I always thought it would be so fun to go to her show. Glad you got to go with your mom and that you had a blast!!!

OldBagNewTricks said...

Oh, what a fun time with your mom!! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Ellen does strike me as "child-like" and positive and fun. And yes, Try Something New -- what a great philosophy .. I think I'll print that on a little card.

Jenny

The Artful Eye said...

I tape all of her shows. I'm going to look back now that I know what I'm looking for. Lucky you! She is a wonderfully cheery person.

Glad you had that opportunity.

Thanh Vo said...

Oh dear... Julie watches the Hills?! LOL

Tami, I will admit that I had a huge grin on my face the whole time while reading this! Your post made me giggle. Im glad that you both enjoyed the show and got to see Ellen up close and personal. She has a great positive attitude and its so nice to hear that she shines on the show and in person.