Saturday, June 14, 2008

playing cards



I made these two cards as samples for my challenge over at 2peas in a bucket. The first one uses all CTMH stamps along with a mini playing card and chip. I distressed the edges and used black soot distress ink on them. The second card is mostly playing cards that I punched out with a variety of punches. The sentiment is by SU. The little crystals are CTMH. I hope you'll play in the challenges.

I adore using found objects in my art. I mean anybody can run off to the store and buy embellishments and printed paper. It makes great projects and I do it too, but I don't feel a sense of accomplishment. It takes vision to make your own backgrounds and re-purpose things into art. I feel like I've really accomplished something when I challenge myself and it feeds my need to create. I'd love to hear what feeds your creative side.

3 comments:

LostLuggage said...

Here here! Using found objects is something that really played an important part in the development of my art.....I never buy store bought embellishments anymore. Great projects!!

Kim H. said...

I have to agree about the found objects in my art too! it feels so much better to use things then buy something new! Love your samples! I plan to try your challenges later today! We finally have power back! Yippee! Hopefully with these floods we do not lose it again!

ScrappyPam said...

Love these cards! And I use "stuff" in my cards all the time. I love trying to figure out what to do with something that most wouldn't think about using!