Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


As I'm getting the pies in the oven tonight, I'm thinking about giving thanks. I'm most thankful that my parents are coming up to spend the holiday with us. This time last year, Mom was in the hospital and we weren't sure she'd be here for another Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that my son is in school full time this year and doing well. After spending such a long time homeschooling him to help him acquire the tools he needs to succeed in spite of dyslexia and dysgraphia, I wasn't sure we'd get here. I'm thankful for my loving and sweet husband who goes out there everyday facing the difficulties on the street with compassion to do his job well. I wish he could be home for the holiday tomorrow, but somebody has to keep everyone safe in the city. I'm thankful for the kindness of friends who've taken a moment to show me they are here for me and who've helped me laugh along the journey.

May your Thanksgiving be filled with love and laughter and a yummy dinner.

4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

What a gorgeous card Tami! I am so thankful for your friendship! Enjoy the tomorrow! HUGS!

Lesa said...

It makes my heart feel good to read your list of blessings Tami. Enjoy today with your family minus Curtis. He will enjoy the leftovers I am sure! I am blessed with knowing you and thankful for Curtis doing the tough job keeping the rest of us safe. Love the stunning card too! xoxo

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I'm thankful for my friendships I've developed over the years with talented crafters like you. We've shared so much, despite never having met in person. This is a lovely card and your post is touching and lovely as well.

Cindi said...

what a heart warming list you have here tami! I think of us as partners in our Moms as we have seen both our moms struggle with health issues this year, and all day on thanksdgiving at my folks I just kept thinking how blessed you & I both are to have another holiday with our moms!
here to more!!