Monday, May 10, 2010


Happy Mother's Day.  Mom and I celebrated our mother's day by going out for a proper tea.  I'd love to show you the photos, but they're so blurry they made me dizzy.  Darn it all.  I didn't have my regular camera and took a newer one that I don't know how to use well.  I couldn't figure out how to review the photos that we asked the girl at the next table over to take.  Just imagine that we were smiling, happy, and wearing the most adorable flowered hats.  Our server, Lady Betty, brought out the tea leaf blends of the day for us to smell as she explained each one.  I chose a lavender earl grey and Mom chose a peach ginger.  We each got our own little pot of delicious tea.  The plates of food seemed to go on and on and each bite was even better than the last one.  If you're in Temecula, call the Truffles and Lace Tea Parlor for a reservation. You don't even have to bring a hat, she has a wonderful selection for you to put on when you get there.  It was a real treat.

We stopped in an adorable quilt shop and stamp shop after our tea and oohed and aahed over all the pretty fabrics and stamps before heading back home.  It was a grand girls' day out and we had the best time.  It feels like it's been forever since we've gone on adventures together.  The best mother's day gift of all is that my mom is finally getting well after being sick for over 2 years.  We found out last week that the disease is finally waning and that the surgery and medications are working.

The guys spoiled me yesterday with breakfast, flowers, a massage certificate and the most beautiful letter from my sweet taller than me teenager.  We rounded out the day with a trip to see Iron Man 2, which was so much fun.  Of course with a teen boy, I had to go see an action flick.  Having a boy has been an adventure that I never imagined.  Being his mom is one of the greatest joys of my life.  It was a beautiful mother's day and I'm thankful in so many ways.

Thank you for stopping by today.

9 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

OH Tami your time with your Mom sounds delightful! I am really loving tea right now ;)

So glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Iron Man 2 sounds fun!

Love Love Love your card!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your Mother's day celebration sounds just perfect! How fun!! And the high tea reception is something right up my alley. I would be in heaven. I'm just sorry your photos didn't turn out. I'd have loved to have seen them. Well, I guess you and your mother will have to go back again so you can snap more shots. Fun!! :)

Createology said...

Such a wonderful way to enjoy your day. Family and food and fun. Perfection. Happy creating...

Tracy said...

Ohhh that sounds like a perfect ladies day. Tea, quilt and stamp shopping. Perfect

Unknown said...

Lovely card Tami. I am so happy to hear your mother's health is finally making a positive turn. What a long long road. Your special day sounds magical. TFS. xo

Daniella said...

Tami, I didn't see your comments on my blog, because I had to "moderate" them!! I guess the computer thinks you are dangerous. I told it that you are only dangerous if there is a vintage junque store calling your name!!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and I am sooo Happy for you! YOU had the best mothers day out of everyone I know! Such love was felt that day, within your family, and the great news about your mom too! Does it get any better???

You deserve it!

XOXOX
dani

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your happiness now and for sharing your mom over the years! You both are great examples of what all kids should have in their lives.

Jachelle said...

Ooo it seems like you had a beautiful and memorable mothers day! We had a wonderful mother's day as well. A group of us girls worked together and we had a special meal for all our parents (celebrated mother's day as a mom & dad's day) It was the most fun experience ever, and you know what? I didn't even take ANY pictures, let along blurry ones. Yikes eh?
Annd you have been awarded a blog award.
click here for more information & to claim the award

Sue McGettigan said...

What lovely ways to celebrate Mother's Day - you had me at 'lavender earl grey' - but then you mentioned quilt shop, stamp shop, letter from teenager - swoon :)