Saturday, May 1, 2010


I'm honored to be hosting the gothic arch challenge this week.  Our theme is Mona Lisa.  I have a funny story to share about the first time I ever saw the actual painting almost 25 years ago.  I was in Europe with three friends and a backpack, staying in hostels and riding trains to get around.  We were in a dimly lit room at the Louvre for our viewing of the Mona Lisa.  She really is much larger than I imagined with a richness of color beyond my dreams.  I was enjoying the splendor of it all when a flash of light nearly blinded us.  Somebody in the crowd took a flash photograph of the painting.  Pow, the lights all went off and it was totally dark in the room and they covered the painting.  That was it, our moment was over.  No more Mona Lisa for us.  We had to move along.  Life is like that, you have to enjoy the moments as they happen.  I'm glad I got to see her.  I hope to see her again someday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

supplies: glossy cardstock; ink potion #9; distress ink; stampers anonymous mona lisa stamp; wordsworth quote stamp; vintage postage stamps; bingo marker.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your arch! Not sure if I will have time to play along this week or not! Your story is very true- Enjoy what we have while we have it! SMILE!

Createology said...

What a wonderful memory of traveling and seeing the Mona Lisa in person. Your arch is divine. Happy creating...

Ginger said...

What a wonderful .fun theme this week & your mona lisa is gorgeous!
Loved looking at your blog enjoyed my stay.
Wondersul art!

Maxine Hodges said...

The arch is wonderful! Glad to see Or hear you on the fiskateer class with Angela last night.

Sue McGettigan said...

Love Mona, I hope to see her myself someday. LOL at the flash story, what a bummer!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours.

Lesa said...

Backpacking and hostels?! You are very brave Tami! Love your arch. Very pretty.

Donna said...

Lovely!!

Terri said...

Wow you actually got to see the painting. How cool is that! And now you have made a Mona Lisa Arch.
Thanks for being the hostess and thanks for sharing.

Kris Dickinson said...

It's a beautiful arch and a wonderful theme. Thanks so much for hosting this week! - Kris