Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm celebrating another candle on the birthday cake today, well actually all weekend. My sweet husband brought me a chocolate croissant and tea in bed this morning complete with a candle and the most adorable Minnie Mouse card. I'm a big Disney fan, and Minnie has a special place in my heart. Tomorrow he's taking me into LA to see Hair at the Pantages. I'm absolutely giddy. The weekend wraps up with brunch on Sunday with my mom and sister. Girl time instead of football games sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.

In the middle of all that fun, I planned to stop in the Verizon store to update my ghetto phone. I've been waiting longer than I should, holding out for the mythical Verizon iphone. I was all set to join the droid team, having given up on the iphone as a pipe dream. I just heard on the news that the iPhone is days away from being available with Verizon. Woohoo! Now, that's the cherry on top of the birthday cake. I'm doing a little happy dance.

It's definitely the beginning of a beautiful year. Just for fun, I'm sharing the horoscope from the newspaper.  I look forward to it all year long:

"You become increasingly well-rounded this year as you add interesting new friends and activities to your life. A warmhearted someone opens personal and professional doors for you. February brings memorable encounters and loving exchanges. April features an unexpected gift. August brings a windfall."

That's a horoscope I can't wait to see unfold.  Last year's was extremely accurate. 48 is going to be a great year.  I can feel it.

6 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy birthday, sweet lady!! Many good wishes and fortune to you all year! xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday,Tami! I hope you have an awesome day and weekend! Enjoy your special day!

Createology said...

A very special Happy Birthday to you Tami. Sounds like a lovely weekend of celebrating. Now keep celebrating all year long...especially with your horoscope predictions. Happy Birthday to you...

pamala said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like your hubby did a great job on the bday festiviites, lovely! I hope your horoscope comes true as well. Thank you for stopping in to say hi on my blog during the Zutter Blog Hop, I appreciate it. Enjoy your birthday weekend! :)

Julie Prichard said...

Happy birthday!!

I am SO happy to be contract free and ready for a new phone...FINALLY! Looks like 2/3 might be our day.. even if it isn't available until June, I'm hanging on to the dream. :)

I'll go line up with you.

Far North said...

Keep the fun rolling! Enjoy it all!

Your new border is wonderful!