Saturday, August 4, 2007

Inspired by Julie


Today I was inspired by one of my crafty blog friends, Julie. She has this awesome little book that she uses to keep track of her inks and things. So, I made a purse sized version for my own inks, including alcohol inks & markers. I started out with a pile of large tags that I picked up somewhere along the way. I used one tag per type of ink and stamped each color, writing in the color names as I went. I left the backs blank, so I have room to add in new inks. I then took a ready made library pocket and decorated it to hold the tags which are tied together loosely with a piece of twill tape.

In doing this I learned that I don't have much yellow or orange ink, but I have tons of brown & green ink. I really thought that making this would be mostly good to use as a tool for shopping, but when I stamped the pocket I used it to choose my colors. What a handy little tool this is already turning out to be. Thanks for sharing your idea Julie. I'll think of you every time I use it.

Stamp Credits for the pocket, the main image is Art Declassified, the script background is Penney Black, the swirls are Inkadinkado, and the postmark is PSX clearbydesign.

7 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

WOW- your book looks amazing!! I love how it is purse size too!! :) Awesome job!

BarbK said...

I love this idea, Tami. Guess I'll be busy this afternoon.

K Hutchinson said...

OMG I just love your little book! I need to make me one of them! I love that it can fit in your purse! Super duper wonderful!

~K

Risa said...

This is a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely wonderful idea!

Sue McGettigan said...

Love the portable ink guide - great idea!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I can see I've missed a lot over the past few days. This is a great tag and holder. Lovin' these colors and images!