Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gothic Arch #2


This one was so much fun to put together. I kept thinking of this line from "It's a Wonderful Life." I got this stamp a mania sentiment in a grab bag and it was just right for this moon challenge. It's stamped on handmade paper. I used DCWV metallic stack for the base with some alcohol inks on it for depth. The moon is an old cardboard poker chip with distress inks. I stamped the All night media image with staz-on on a transparency. The lasso is a piece of hemp. Thanks for a great gothic arch challenge, Linda.

10 comments:

Angelina said...

What a great Arch! Love the depth! Beautiful background colour too!

Julie Prichard said...

Great arch! And....you probably didn't realize it, but you did 4 of the collage techniques I'll be giving in my swap! :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Super duper Arch, Tami! Such fabulous color and I love the "lasso the moon..." theme of it. Oh this is fun!

K Hutchinson said...

Great Arch! Love the color and the the lasso around the moon is so romantic!

Sija said...

Wonderful Arch!

Linda M said...

Love the idea you started with it and how you made it work. Great visual texture.

Anonymous said...

that's a fabulous quote and movie! lovely arch page!

Genevieve said...

Love the beautiful blue on the this, such a rich colour and the sentiment is just too perfect! Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing.

Cheers!

Vintage Papers said...

love your texture and composition!
fantastic work! :)

johanna said...

clever!!! and wonderfully done!