Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007


I can't recall being so ready to say goodbye to one year and hello to the new year. Before I say goodbye, I'd like to reflect on some wonderful moments in 2007. We were able to enjoy some wonderful get-aways to the beach and Mammoth as a family. We took our pre-teen to his first concert, KISS, what a rock and roll show! Kyle went back to the classroom successfully after being home-schooled for two years. We got Mabel, our first little dog this year, and what a joy she is in our lives. Kyle and I enjoyed many days of Disney fun and he and his dad enjoyed many days of fishing and camping. Hubby and I got a wonderful get-away to Pacific Grove this fall, thanks Mom. It was a good year in so many ways. That's what I'll remember about this year, not the challenges and difficult moments.

On the craft front it was a good year. I was able to take a full day of classes with two very inspiring artists, Terry Medaris and Tim Holtz. I started my blog and my etsy shop this year, both of which exceeded my expectations. I joined Craft Critique as a feature reporter. And, I dipped my toe into the submissions waters. I swapped ideas and cards with so many friends. I can't tell you how much my blogging stamping crafty friends mean to me. You inspire me, support me, and help me laugh. Thank you.

Bring on 2008!

This card was made with alcohol inks on transparency over glossy white cardstock stamped with stazon and the SU turtle image. The tag was made with the same alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. I colored up the paperclip and brad with the same alcohol inks.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hear hear! Happy New Year!

K Hutchinson said...

I have to say I'm happy to have this year over and am looking forward to 2008!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Tami!!

Heather Grow said...

Happy New Year Tami! I'm so glad that we were able to meet up a few times this year. Those meet-ups were some of my 2007 highlights.

Lesa said...

Cool card - you are so good with alcohol inks! And very nice to read all your positive highlights from 2007. I hope 2008 brings you triple the good times and very few bad. hugs!

Swamp Tulip said...

Tami - I hope that 2008 is a much better year for both of us.

Hugs,

Teresa

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Yes, you had your share of obstacles, but it was such a successful year too. Congratulations on the success of your etsy shop, and all the happiness that 2007 brought for your creative side. Happy New Year to you and your family, Tami.

Sandra Evertson said...

This is Gorgeous! Love the colors!
Sandra Evertson

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Wonderful image, wonderful colors and wonderful technique! You are so good!!

~ Jennifer

Turtlelady said...

Love the turtle card. I have never know anyone who does the alcohol inks. Sounds real interesting.
Sandy "TurtleLady"