Saturday, December 1, 2007

Home Again

Mom has been home just over 24 hours, so I feel safe in posting this. Last time I posted too soon and she went right back. She seems more stable this time around. She was way too many days in the hospital--basically 2 full weeks. We are hopeful that she is on the road to recovery which is expected to take 3 - 12 months. The medication she is on is intravenous and is very caustic, so she's pretty pooped out from the illness and the meds. We are just happy she is home in her own bed with her own nightgown and all that good stuff. You know you've been in the hospital too much when you are happy to have soft kleenex and a feather pillow.

I came home this afternoon to a clean house, tree and lights up, and pizza. I love my guys for taking care of me. A nice long nap was good medicine. We are in a new kind of normal, but routine is good. Crisis mode is exhausting. Thanks for all the well wishes.

9 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Poor mom. She's had a tough couple of weeks.

That was so sweet of the guys to make everything nice for you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I wish a speedy recovery for your mom. She is in my prayers.

Hugs,

Beth

K Hutchinson said...

You all continue to be in my prayers...until she is completed healed! Glad to hear that she is home again! You heal so much better at home! Big HUG!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

My heart goes out to both you and your mom!!! I hope you both are nice and cozy and just resting....
One day at a time....
And, what awesome men/boys you have in your life... Your heart must be full...
Hang in there...

Lesa said...

Glad to hear your mom is back home. Being out of the hospital enviroment should greatly increase her healing time. Let alone her emotional stability. One day at a time and prayers that each day shows better improvement for her. So happy your "guys" are taking care of you. Hugs to you all.

christie said...

I"m so glad to hear she is home finally. I hope she has a speedy recovery. How sweet of the guys in your life to do all those things for you. I'm glad you have a good support system, that really helps in times like these.

Femmy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment on my gothic arch winter.
Hope your mother will be okay now.
gr femmy

Alison Gibbs said...

How wonderflu to have your Mom home again. Take care.
Alison

OldBagNewTricks said...

I'm hoping your mom continues to improve. I am wishing you comfort and fortitude.

Jenny