Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I was playing around with a reverse mask technique tonight for a virtual swap hosted by Jan over at the stamp shack. She punched out the Marvy giga square scallop in a piece of heavy plastic with a grid on it and sent them to us to play with. I layed down the piece with the hole punched out of it as a mask to create the green area of this card. I stippled on green tea ink, then stamped script background and leaves in the same ink. The songbirds are stamped with vintage sepia ink. Then, I removed the mask and put down the punched out part over the green area as a mask and stamped the music notes and stippled around the outside of the mask with the vintage sepia ink. I guess that description is about as clear as mud. It was a fun technique that I hadn't tried before. The little tag is an office supply Avery tag that I got at the dollar store in a huge box full. You'll probably see them on all of my cards now.