Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Songbirds

I was playing around with a reverse mask technique tonight for a virtual swap hosted by Jan over at the stamp shack. She punched out the Marvy giga square scallop in a piece of heavy plastic with a grid on it and sent them to us to play with. I layed down the piece with the hole punched out of it as a mask to create the green area of this card. I stippled on green tea ink, then stamped script background and leaves in the same ink. The songbirds are stamped with vintage sepia ink. Then, I removed the mask and put down the punched out part over the green area as a mask and stamped the music notes and stippled around the outside of the mask with the vintage sepia ink. I guess that description is about as clear as mud. It was a fun technique that I hadn't tried before. The little tag is an office supply Avery tag that I got at the dollar store in a huge box full. You'll probably see them on all of my cards now.

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is very pretty! I love this bird image!

Julie Prichard said...

Great card, Tami!

Swamp Tulip said...

What a beautiful card. I love the shades of green you used. This is defintely one of my favorite cards. Great job :)

Teresa

K Hutchinson said...

I love this card! The colors are wonderful...so warm....you did a great job with Jan's VS! The music sheet BG paper is wonderful with the image too!

~K