Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No Color Tag


I was playing around with my no color idea and here's what I came up with. The tag is large...3 1/4" x 5". I stamped the whole background with black versafine ink. Then I put a little 3" x 3" card on the front of it. It's cuttlebug debossed with an embossed pog on top. I used brilliance moonlight white all over the pog and heat embossed with a sparkly E.P. called bridal veil. I had the rhinestone and lace in my stash. I thought this would be a nice gift bag tag since there is room in the small card to write a note.

Ok, so about the pog. Everytime I make something with a pog I get a "what's a pog" question. A pog is a small round chipboard piece with cartoon characters printed on it. They were used for a kid's game in the late 80's. I found a gallon ziploc full at a yardsale a while back and use them alot. Mine have the Flintstones on the back side that you can't see. The white side is shiny and smooth and perfect for embossing, stamping, using alcohol inks, etc. If you find some pogs, grab them. They are fun to play with and alot cheaper than the chipboard embellies at the store.

1 comment:

Swamp Tulip said...

Great tag - and I do remember pogs! My kids were a little too young to collect them but our neighbors son went wild with them! What a garage sale find!

Teresa