Saturday, October 18, 2008

challenge cards





Here are a couple of cards I made today inspired by challenges over at a one day online crop with the fiskateers. It's a crazy bunch of crafters over there who love to make all sorts of goodies. Of course using fiskars products is always encouraged. Both of these sentiments came from a Heidi Grace set of stamps that I won on 2peas stamptoberfest. Oh, I do love these stamps. There are 7 different quotes in this set and each one has a nice frame making it easy to cut them out. They are clear stamps that really stamp well with versafine ink. Clear stamps are hit and miss for me, but these do the job well.

Of course you can see I had to grunge up these cards a bit, too. There are some vintage math pages here along with a piece from an old map. Add in some old buttons and lace and I'm in nirvana. It was fun to create just for the sake of creating today. It seems I get myself into this mode of creating for swaps, assignments, or class samples. That's all good, but sometimes it stifles my muse. She was happy to join me today. I hope you make time for creativity this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my I love what you have done! Those sayings are wonderful! I had been miss with clear stamps but I got this foam mat and have no trouble with them now!

Lesa said...

Lovely cards. Terrific sentiments. True Tami style - FAB! :)

Ethel Amutan said...

I love the "smile" sentiment. It made me giggle. It's so cool that you have a group like the Fiskateers to play with!