Wednesday, October 1, 2008

vote


I can't imagine a more important time in my adult life than right now to get informed, get registered, and vote. I am a little obsessed with national news lately. I really do believe this time will be in our future history books. Just how it will be portrayed is yet to be seen. I intend to be a part of it and be able to tell it to my grandchildren some day. We have just over a month to get our ducks in a row and get ready to exercise our right to vote. Thank you to all the women who came before me that had a part in giving me that right. It's not a right I take lightly. If you are not registered or if you have moved, call your county registrar of voters. It's not too late. You can even download the forms online.

supplies used on this gothic arch challenge: kraft cardstock, gesso, saddle brown staz-on ink, sepia glass finish liquid embossing by Plaid, vintage watch parts, used vintage postage stamp, coin charm, and a ton of stamps~~feather by psx, alpha for vote by POD, elongated watch by Eclectic Omnibus, front view watch by Hampton Art Stamps, mini postcard and postal cancellation by Auntie Amy's Embossing Arts, thank you definition by Hero Arts.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said!

Mardi said...

Amen Sista!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful voice ~ I'm ready to vote today! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Arch!

LynnF said...

What a gorgeous arch!
Lynn F.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arch...great stamping!

Willy said...

Beautiful arch!

Faye said...

Very timely arch and very lovely, too.

~*~Patty S said...

Great arch, great message, I would not miss voting for anything :)

DMG said...

Vote, vote, vote!!! I've been out helping with voter registration, so I LOVE your arch. My son is a politcal science major, and my husband is just a political junkie, so it's all news, all the time around here! But that's okay; you're right. This is the most important election of my lifetime and the only one in which a candiate has inspired me. Your arch was a great way to pass the message!

Calv said...

Tami this arch is great, a great example of how good stamping can look. Thanks.