Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I can't even think of a catchy title for this post. I did not watch the debates today and only caught a bit of the news. I had a sick kiddo home and had to take him to the doctor. Tonight I played bunco with my friends. It's our 6th year playing bunco once a month for 9 months of the year. For those of you who haven't played bunco, it's a dice game that you don't have to think much about and you chat alot, but you change tables every game. So, there are 12 women moving around to 3 different tables all night. We chat about life and our kids and those type things. It's fun.

Tonight was a very different kind of bunco. Running through the conversations were 3 different lay offs in our group. Money worries. Not enough money for gas. Not enough money to buy regular groceries, rice and beans on the menu for every meal. No real talk about politics, just real worries and real problems in real people's lives. People I know and care about. Friends. It sucks. Guess I'll go watch the debate and catch the late news.

3 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

I have never played Bunco but I know the ones who have love it so I guess I need to try it sometime. Time with friends is precious! Glad you had fun. PS That's alot funner than the debate.LOL

Anonymous said...

BUNCO sounds like so much fun! I did not watch the debate last night either- but I think we are all worried about being able to but food on the table and heat our houses!

Hope the kiddo is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes- it does suck. I find myself thiking depressing financial thoughts ALL DAY now. What if there are lay offs? Money is super tight here...and I am overly concerned America will vote for the WRONG candidate..the historically expensive candidiate. Who? Obama.. I have to let it out. Friends..he is going to take us to the cleaners!