Monday, August 24, 2009

a little bird


Just a fun little card for you. I fell in love with this little bird stamp by Invoke Arts at a stamp convention and it followed me home. You know how that happens, I'm sure. Things just yell out my name and want to jump in my bag when I go to those conventions. The background is alcohol inks and I masked the image to stamp some other things around it. I colored in some detail with spica glitter pens and used a little rub on paste around the edges.

So, in other news, we had our last hurrah of summer yesterday at Disneyland. We closed the park at midnight and rolled in about 1:30 this morning. Oh my, I can't do late night like I used to. I had to sing loudly and tap my hands on the steering wheel to the beat just to stay focused. I'm still hanging out in my pj's. Kyle starts high school tomorrow. Not sure I'm ready, but I know he is and that's what matters. I can't believe my baby towers over me at well over 6' now. It seems like I was holding him in my arms just yesterday. I plan on hugging on him today when nobody is looking. I'll save those tears that are sure to roll until after he leaves tomorrow morning, then I'm going shopping.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens I love this birdie stamp! Your card is great! Time sure does go fast! next week my boys both will be in school - I am sure I feel shed a few tears too! They grow up way to fast! I hope Kyle has a great day tomorrow! Sounds like yesterday was magical!

Julie Prichard said...

I love the bird too! And that ribbon....delicious! High school...I don't know how you do it. I am having so many scared thoughts about pre-school next year!
xo

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh you lucky guys! I wish Disney was close to us...

and I have to do the singing thing at about 3pm after a long day of driving... There is no way I could stay up that late and drive.. No way..


Good luck tomorrow! Strange isn't it????

Lesa said...

Beautiful card. Love the collage and colors. Yes - it is bittersweet letting your child test his wings.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Tami. I love it!

Sue McGettigan said...

Sounds like a fun end to summer Tami! That stamp is great, much more detail in the stamped image than on the index - great looking card!

Karen said...

I haven't been to Disney in almost two years now. Sigh. Glad you got to go...not sure I'd survive the summer crowds though. :> How did the first day of school go? And your shopping? Speaking of shopping......love that sweet little bird that followed you home! And you made her sing a sweet song when she landed safely on your card. :> I've left an award for you on my blog. :>