Friday, October 19, 2007

Adorable Little Al


Isn't this just the most wonderful little stamp. This was a special release by JustJohanna for World Cardmaking Day. I was so very lucky to win this adorable stamp through Just Johanna's Design Team challenges. Kerry sponsored the challenge that I won with my Earth Elements card a few posts back. I tried a stamp shack challenge with this card by masking off areas of the paper with post it notes in a grid shape. The only thing I'd do differently is use a colored pencil lighter than my background ink to lay out the grid. I can't get the pencil marks off that I used to lay out the grid. I used broken china and charcoal grey inks on this along with some markers. The background stamps are by Stampendous and Penny Black.

Did you notice the pink background on my blog? It's in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Don't forget your mammograms ladies.

A little art therapy is a good thing. Hubby is home today and we are enjoying some quiet creative time after going out to breakfast. Thanks for the support yesterday. Some days are just rotten to help us appreciate the good ones, I guess.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW that is so cool! I love this stamp! I can't wait to get mine! I love the colors you used! I have to try this challenge yet!

So glad you and hubby are enjoying some quiet time!

Have a wonderful time!

Stampin' Meg said...

Very sweet lil stamp!

My Paper World said...

very cute! I love the colours, the background looks great!