Friday, October 12, 2007

A Project and Recommendations


I had so much fun making this little band-aid tin. It started out as a white metal tin from provocraft. After alot of alcohol inks that included red pepper, wild plum, cranberry, pearl mixative and blending solution this is what it looks like. I added some flowers, a glass bead, and some fibers for texture. The metal embellishment came from a swap over at Fiskateers. It has just the right words for the recipient of this little box. I hope it arrives today. It is filled with some ATC's from a whole group of talented women.


Now for a recommendation. I am reading an amazing book called Rubber Stamping Artist Trading Cards. It's a TweetyJill Publication, published this year that I ordered from the library on a whim, and am so happy that I did. It has pics and directions for over 500 ATC's by a variety of artists. There is a one page summary of the history of ATC's which is fascinating. Then, there are all the stamping tips. It covers all of the latest inks, paints, techniques, and tools. I'm completely enamored by this book.

And one more thing you need to check out. I was shopping around etsy this morning and found Morning Glory Designs, the most amazing shop. Actually, it's the shop owner that is amazing. Willie is battling cancer and is teaching beading to others going through chemotherapy. She sells jewelry in her shop in order to buy supplies for her free classes she gives to these brave women who are battling the cancer beast. Please stop by her shop and see if there is something you can purchase to show your support for her amazing selflessness. I started my Christmas shopping there today.

7 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Whata neat-o tin and thanks for the tip on the book!! ALso thanks for being my personal gps this morning...of course they didn't have what I was looking for...sigh..I ordered them all from Cat. :)

K Hutchinson said...

The tin is awesome! I will have to check out the book! The jewelry is amazing...I think I will have to get a piece in memory of my good friend that passed away from cancer in January of this year...she would love that!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Well aren't you just the enabler, Ms. Tami! LOL

The etsy site recommendation is beautiful. I'm going back again to do some serious Christmas shopping.

Is the tin for who I think it is? Oh it is WONDERFUL and filled with the ATC's it will be a treasure!

Debbie said...

This little tin is very cute. I LOVE those colors. You go great crafts, Tami. That book looks interesting, too. I may have to check it out at my library, too.

Heather Grow said...

Wow, gorgeous color combo. I'm sure she will love it.

Swamp Tulip said...

Beautiful tin. Super job.

Teresa

Alley said...

Love the tin! Great ATC's also!(inspires me to try to create some)